It has been little over a year since I graduated and started my job at The University of Alabama. Although this past year was incredibly fun and exciting, working full time and planning a wedding did not leave much time for reading. During my undergrad at UA, I longed to be able to read for leisure instead of reading textbooks and assigned readings. Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed some of our required texts, but it was not necessarily what I would have chosen to read.
This year is a whole new story. No more excuses, buts, and “I do not have time”! I have had a long list of books for ages, so this year I am going to read at least a book per month… I know, it’s not much… but let’s start with baby steps.
2016 BOOK LIST:
1. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
2. Le Petit Prince by Antoine De Saint Exupery (time to put my five years of French to good use)
3. The Paying Guest by Sarah Waters
4. Private Domain by Paul Taylor
5. The Girl Who Saved The King Of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson
6. Dearie: The Remarkable Life Of Julia Child by Bob Spitz
7. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
8. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
9. Life In Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina by Misty Copeland
10. Girl In The Dark: A Memoire by Anna Lyndsey
12. The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins
I am extremely excited to once again be able to read for leisure. I will keep you updated on the books that I enjoyed reading.
Do you guys have any books you are planning on reading this year? I would love to know what is on your nightstand![/fusion_text]