If you’re looking for a nice Christmas side for your dinner, I highly recommend this delicious broccoli rabe with pork sausage. December is prime time for broccoli rabe. In Italy, we call them broccoletti, but here in the US, you can call them broccoli rabe or rapini. If you have never eaten broccoletti before, they are a leafy version of regular broccoli. They’re almost a mix of broccoli and mustard greens. So yummy!
I could literally eat broccoletti every day. I love to eat them as a side, maybe with some baguette, or use them as a pizza topping. You can’t go wrong!
- 1 lb fresh broccoli rabe
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- Wash the broccoli rabe and remove the stems. Let them air dry for a few minutes.
- Cut the sausage is 1 inch slices.
- In a large cast iron skillet or pan, start by searing the sausage on each side.
- Add the olive oil and the broccoli rape to the hot pan. Saute the vegetables until tender.
- Finish by adding salt and chili flakes.
- Serve while still hot.
What is your favorite side to eat at Christmas? Let me know in a comment below!